Are you wondering what mattress to buy? Natural Latex or Memory Foam? We are here to help you decide.
Let's first understand what these two mattresses are made of?
Natural Latex mattress – the ones made from 100% pure latex, (and all the layers of the mattress composed of only latex) are carcinogenic chemical free.Latex is nothing but the sap of rubber tree. See this video to see how it is extracted.
Memory Foam Mattress – This is nothing but polyurethane foam – a chemical compound made. It contains additional chemicals to increase its viscosity and density. It is often referred to as “viscoelastic” polyurethane foam, or low-resilience polyurethane foam
- Medium to Good spinal alignment while sleeping
- Provides support to the body
- Uses body heat and pressure to soften the mattress making you more comfortable
- Extremely soft
- No sagging or shrinking
- Retains back to its original shape and holds the original shape
- Good for all types of sleeping positions
- Doesn’t exhibit motion transfer so that both partners can sleep undisturbed
- Made of chemicals. It off-gases these carcinogenic compounds over its lifetime.
- Traps heat as it does not allow air circulation. As a result you will feel hot. Infact, this is what causes the quality to degrade over the years
- Extremely comfortable
- Very soft. Strikes good balance between comfort and good spinal support.
- Natural bounciness and springiness
- Excellent for pain relief
- Improves blood circulation in the body
- Even distribution of pressure points
- Corrects postural deformities
- Aligns the spinal column correctly
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Excellent air circulation and breathability
- Temperature regulation properties
- Provides cushioned support to the body
- Zero motion transfer
- Environment friendly
- Resistant to dust mites, moulds, allergens
- Hypoallergenic, if latex is organic or 100% natural
- Highly durable
- Expensive – It’s actually an Investment for a Good and Healthy Sleep.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the Highest.
Memory Foam Score
Contouring to body shape
Balancing the sinking in feeling with good push back
Ease at regaining shape
Good support at edges
Good Air circulation – Temperature regulation
Dust mite/Bacteria Resistant
Chemical free – No releasing of harmful chemicals
Zero Partner Disturbance
Cheaper than latex
Watch this short video to see the difference
Comfort ? – Both fare well
Spinal Support? – Latex fares better
Natural and chemical free? – Only Latex
Dust and bacteria free? – Only Latex
Cool Bed? ( Good Air circulation)? – Only Latex