Every new purchase brings in a lot of confusion for the consumers, especially when it has some connection to health. If you wake up with neck pain, chances are people will suggest you replace your pillow. And the two most common options one might come across while looking for the best pillow is either a natural latex pillow or a memory foam pillow.
The perplexity between latex and memory foam has always existed. Researching about the same is even more confusing because if you navigate through web pages that talk about latex as a sleeping material, it feels like the only best choice. On the other hand, the web pages that highlight memory foam as a matter, they look like the best.
What’s The Best Pillow – Natural Latex or Memory Foam?
Latex pillows are made up by collecting the sap of rubber trees whereas memory foam pillows are still new in the market. Before concluding that memory foam pillows are the best, don’t forget that old is gold and not every innovation is worth it.
To draw a conclusion, it is better to look carefully at the pros and cons of both, natural latex and memory foam and draw comparisons. Research should be conducted by trusted sources that cite facts and statistics and highlight proper differences.
Memory Foam Pillows
- Memory foam pillows seem unique to the consumers to the innovative technology used in manufacturing them.
- These pillows are made up of viscoelastic polyurethane and are very soft.
- When the natural body heat is released, these pillows become softer which might seem comfortable but is not very supportive.
- Hence, these pillows trap heat, do not sleep cool and most importantly, give an illusion of comfort but do not provide the required support to the neck and spine.
- Although these pillows adjust around the curves of the head, they imitate the shape of the sleeper’s head which doesn’t provide enough support.
- These indentations may get back to the normal shape a few hours after the sleeper gets up but this has no benefit. The main aspect of the best pillow is to push back the weight and support the spine in which memory foam miserably fails.
Natural Latex Pillows
- Natural latex pillows are highly breathable and comfortable to sleep on due to the natural springiness of latex.
- These pillows sleep cool all night long and do not disturb the sleeper at all.
- If made up of 100% natural latex without the use of any synthetic filler, these pillows are highly durable and least toxic.
- Natural latex pillows have a soft, bouncy touch and supportive feel to them.
- For people who like to experience extra cushioning, shredded latex pillows are the right choice but people who prefer slightly firm pillows, identical to traditional pillows must get solid latex pillows for themselves.
- Natural latex pillows provide unmatchable support to the neck, thus reducing neck pain. The contour variant of these pillows is also ideal for cervical patients.
- These types of pillows are softer than memory foam pillows but have medium firmness to provide buoyant support to the neck.
- Latex pillows can last much longer than memory foam pillows.
We Think Pure Latex Pillow Is The Best! You Decide The Rest!
Morning Owl’s bed pillows are made up of natural latex that lays the foundation for the best pillow for sleeping. We have four variants of latex pillows available in our warehouses and in different sizes. Our natural latex pillow is better than a memory foam pillow but you can decide the same by trying your hands on our pillows with our free trial and easy return policies.
What Did You Conclude?
Apart from researching on the internet, ask your friends and people on social media for opinions, especially if you are buying pillows online. Consult an osteopath to understand your body’s need to select amongst cervical pillow, shredded latex pillow, pure latex pillow, memory foam pillow, ortho pillow/orthopedic pillow and many more.