If you want to buy mattress in India, read to find expert answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the same.
Frequently Asked Questions about How to Buy Mattress in India
Are you searching for the answers to your questions but tired of navigating to hundreds of web pages. We are sure that your search ends here because we have compiled the most commonly asked questions about buying a new mattress in this post. If we missed any questions on your mind, feel free to ask us and we’d be happy to help.
1. Where should I buy mattress in India – online or in brick and mortar stores?
This is one of the biggest questions people face when they decide to buy a new mattress. Although we don’t mean that every brick and mortar store is not good, we suggest buying a mattress online because it gives you a larger variety of options to look at along with better deals and discounts.
Most importantly, when you buy a mattress online, you have plenty of time to research without anyone influencing your mind. However, when you are in a store, you hardly finalize a decision within a maximum of 10-15 minutes. There are also high chances that the salesmen can influence your decision by promoting the product they want to see.
2. What are the most common types of mattresses sold in India?
Generally, these are the mattress types that you can find in the market:
· Coir mattresses
· Spring mattresses
· Foam mattresses
· Memory foam mattresses
· Natural latex mattresses
3. What is the cheapest mattress in India?
Although coir and spring mattresses are quite inexpensive, you should never risk your health to save a few bucks. A cheap mattress will expose you to allergies and cause severe body pain due to inadequate back support.
4. How much does a mattress generally cost in India?
Mattress pricing differs from the type of material used, size, quality, etc., and of course, from brand to brand. However, in general, you can buy single sized spring and coir mattresses in between Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 8,000. On the other hand, single-sized memory foam or latex mattresses range in between Rs. 11,000 to Rs. 18,000.
5. What is the best way to buy mattress in India?
Here are a few things that might help you find your new mattress:
· Know your requirements.
· Consult a medical professional to know whether you want a soft, a medium-firm, or a firm mattress.
· If you have back pain, ask a chiropractor to help you choose the best orthopedic mattress.
· Set your budget.
· Research as many mattresses as possible.
· Look for a brand that offers at least 15 years of warranty, a highly breathable mattress, has at least three certifications, gives more than 30 nights of a free trial, and most importantly, has flexible policies.
· If the best mattress is slightly higher than your budget, avail financing facility but do not risk your health.
6. Which is the best mattress for me?
If you are looking for a medium-firm, eco-friendly mattress that keeps you away from allergies and provides you optimal back support despite your sleeping position, a natural latex mattress is the best choice for you.
7. Should I buy a memory foam or a latex mattress?
Although memory foam is very soft, comfortable, and supportive, it is made using viscoelastic polyurethane foam along with various other chemical compounds. It uses your body heat to get softened and makes you sweaty while sleeping. Most importantly, it exposes you to a lot of chemicals and allergies.
On the other hand, a natural latex mattress is medium-firm, helps provide the right back support, and most importantly, is eco-friendly and hypoallergenic. It is highly breathable and perfect to sleep on in hot and dry weather.
Any More Questions on Your Mind?
We hope you found answers to most of your questions but if you still have any confusion, feel free to ask us. Read our mattress buying guide to know deeply about various aspects of purchasing a new mattress.