We’re all drinking organic kale smoothies every day, but how much does it help? However, if you’re serious about living a greener, healthier, and less chemical-laden lifestyle, it’s time to consider purchasing an eco-friendly mattress in India.
Yes, they are more expensive than your local mattress store, but there’s more to it.
However, the investment in the greatest mattress that is also environmentally friendly is well worth it.
The Hassle with Conventional mattresses
The majority of standard mattresses are comprised of synthetic fibers and petroleum-based polyurethane foam.
Most people are unaware that these materials are often immersed in nasty chemicals because the major mainstream brands aren’t exactly shouting it from the rooftops.
Here’s how it works: VOCs, a family of pollutants that includes formaldehyde, benzene, and naphthalene, can be released by the petroleum used to produce polyurethane foam.
Severe Exposure to VOCs can cause:
- Irritation in Nose, Throat, and eyes.
- Severe headaches
- Fatal issues like Loss of Coordination, Kidney and liver damage, and CNS (central nervous system) disease.
When Walter Bader, author of Safe Sleep in a Toxic World, had a standard mattress tested for toxins, the findings revealed 61 distinct VOCs!
Flame retardants are also a problem. Because petroleum-based mattresses are very flammable, they must be treated with polybrominated diphenyl ethers, which are chemical fire retardants (PBDEs).
PBDEs aren’t any healthier than the chemicals they’re meant to guard against, which is somewhat unsurprising. They have the potential to harm your thyroid and brain, particularly in youngsters.
Don’t you think it makes sense to maintain your sleeping environment as clean as possible now that you know all this?
Why should you choose an Eco-friendly mattress in India? Does it help?
As a result, traditional mattresses are laced with gasoline and flame retardants. Not exactly the kind of thing you’d want to spend eight hours a night sleeping in.
Eco-friendly mattresses, on the other hand, are free of that dubious material. They are generally produced from natural materials such as plant-based foams, organic wool and cotton, soybeans, and coconut husks.
And, surely, no one has ever heard of wool or coconut causing nervous system damage? Or did we?
Furthermore, these materials are less combustible by nature than their petrol-based equivalents. As a result, there is no need to use harmful flame retardants.
How much should you pay?
Virtually all forms of eco-friendly mattresses and furniture are more expensive than their traditional equivalents. With good cause.
When you buy green furniture, you’re paying for higher-quality, natural materials rather than synthetic ones, as well as environmentally friendly manufacturing processes.
And, in many cases, the manufacturers are located right here in India, ensuring that the employees who construct your furniture are given a livable wage.
That is why it is critical to consider an eco-friendly mattress—or any eco-friendly furniture—as an investment with significant long-term advantages.
Not only for your health (consider the reduced chemical exposure!) but also for the planet.
How to find the right mattress?
Still, there is one thing that both traditional and eco-friendly mattresses have in common. To sleep well in your bedroom, you must select the mattress that is most comfortable for you.
Fortunately, there is an eco-friendly mattress to fit any sleeper. Whether you like innerspring or latex, here’s what Morning Owl’s got to say:
- The top layer of all Morning Owl mattresses is manufactured from natural latex that is eco-INSTITUT and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified.
- It is made of high-quality natural latex with built-in ergonomic support, allowing for greater air circulation and pressure point alleviation.
- The inside cover is composed of organic cotton, which allows for maximum ventilation and a more comfortable sleep experience.
- Our 100% organic latex is 7 times more breathable, allowing you to sleep cool and comfortably.
- Isolates motion, resulting in no companion disruption even when someone shifts while sleeping.
- The medium firm layer comfortably cradles heavier body regions, while mild contouring relieves pressure at joints and the lower back.
- This mattress is intended to be enjoyed by people of all ages, from children to the elderly. Also, it is suitable for all sorts of sleepers, including side, front, and back sleepers, since it distributes weight equally regardless of your sleeping pattern.
- Our natural latex’s open-cell structure lets air flow through continually, which improves breathability.
Can you get rid of your Old Mattress?
Purchasing an eco-friendly mattress online in India may appear to be a challenging process because you cannot be certain of the material or the comfort online.
And once you’ve discovered your dream eco-friendly mattress in India, all that remains is to get rid of your old one.
All Morning Owl latex mattresses are built to last. It changes to meet your body’s demands as they vary throughout time.
We assure you that your new natural and eco-friendly mattress will be comfortable, supportive, and long-lasting by handcrafting each mattress in-house. Mattress recycling, believe it or not, is something that can be done responsibly, at least it would help you get rid of your old mattress in a productive yet tactful manner.