Despite truckloads of information about it, an ortho mattress continues to be a much-confused and talk-about mattress in the industry. Browse through our extensive list of some of the most frequently asked questions about purchasing an orthopedic mattress in India.
What is an Ortho Mattress?
An abbreviation for “orthopedic”, an ortho mattress is a firm mattress that is ergonomically designed to provide adequate back support to people suffering from chronic back pain or spinal alignment issues, and/or patients with accidental spinal injuries, joint fractures, arthritis, or who have recently undergone a surgery.
Let’s Answer Your Queries About An Orthopedic Mattress
Here are our answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about an orthopedic mattress:
1. What are the benefits of sleeping on an ortho mattress?
Some of the major advantages of sleeping on an orthopedic mattress include:
- These mattresses have a firm surface with no sinking, sagging, or bulging so that your spine is aligned properly and no sore pressure points are formed on your curves.
- Furthermore, an ortho mattress has higher breathability than regular mattresses to not only improve your diurnal cycle with better comfort but also improves the blood flow inside your body thus reducing body aches.
- With proper support, comfort, and improved posture, an ortho mattress helps you sleep better without any inflammation.
- Designed to isolate motion transfer and make zero noise, a high-quality ortho mattress also promotes deep sleep and reduces back pain by decreasing your chances of waking up from inconveniences or discomfort caused by a disturbing partner.
- Last but not least, an ortho mattress permits even distribution of body weight by supporting the contours of your body so that you can wake up pain-free every morning.
2. How does an orthopedic mattress work?
When you sleep on an ortho mattress, your spinal column is more properly aligned without letting you sink inside the mattress due to the force of gravity. Thus, the proper support helps your muscles relax and aid in pain relief.
3. Why are orthopedic mattresses more expensive?
Although not extravagantly pricey, ortho mattresses come with a slightly higher cost because of their advanced approach towards back support and spinal alignment. However, an ortho mattress is not really expensive if you experience its countless benefits, durability, and value for money.
4. What is the best material for an ortho mattress?
Memory foam and natural latex are the top two contenders for orthopedic mattresses but if you consider expert advice based on scientific studies and ask for our recommendation, we would suggest going for a 100% natural latex orthopedic mattress as it is not only firm and highly supportive but also sleep very cool and is eco-friendly – two highly important factors that lack in memory foam.
5. How much does a 100% natural latex orthopedic mattress usually cost?
Generally, a Single sized (72″ x 36″) natural latex ortho mattress with 6 inches thickness is priced around ₹36,999. However, you can easily find a minimum of 20% discount on various online shopping portals to purchase your ideal ortho mattress at a much lower cost.
6. Can anyone sleep on an orthopedic mattress?
Well, yes. Even if you do not have any back pain or medical issues, you can still choose to sleep on an orthopedic mattress if you have a busy routine, active lifestyle, or are in your mid-30s. This is because ortho mattresses are more capable of providing higher back support and give you an improved posture.
7. Are orthopedic mattresses durable?
If you choose a high-quality natural latex ortho mattress, it is easily going to last you for a minimum of 15 years thus guaranteeing better sleep for ages to come.
8. What sleeping position is an ortho mattress made for?
Whether you sleep on your back, sides, or stomach, an orthopedic mattress is sure to give you uncompromised comfort and support.
9. Which is the best ortho mattress in India?
Based on its verified customer reviews, Morning Owl natural latex orthopedic mattress is the best ortho mattress that offers firmer support with 100% natural Dunlop latex with density – 90 and ILD – 40.
10. How firm is a Morning Owl ortho mattress?
Although Morning Owl manufactures soft, medium-firm as well as firm mattresses, its ortho mattresses are firm and have a 40 ILD on a scale of 50 to suit your sleeping preferences and take the pressure off your body so that you can sleep uninterrupted throughout the night.
11. Can I get a customized firmness mattress at Morning Owl?
Yes. Based on your consultation with your medical professional, physiotherapist, osteopath, or chiropractor, you can contact us with your customized needs and we would love to curate your ideal mattress for you.
12. What certifications does a Morning Owl orthopedic mattress hold?
We hope we helped you find answers to most of your doubts about an ortho mattress. In case you have more queries, feel free to connect with one of our sleep experts by using the live chat option popping up on your screen. If you are intrigued by the benefits of an ortho mattress, you can get your hands on the Morning Owl mattress with 15 years warranty and 100 nights of a free trial.