A baby’s birth is the most beautiful phenomenon for every parent. Every parent wishes to buy the best of everything for the baby.
According to research on babies, there has been an observation that they tend to sleep for 16-17 hours per day. Parents should be very particular about buying the right crib mattress for the baby. Nothing matches a baby’s sound sleep. It is said ‘A day without a nap for a baby is like a cupcake without frosting.’ Sometimes a baby may wake up from sleep during the night due to wrong mattress type and remain cranky throughout the day. Baby mattresses are designed in such a way that the baby can sleep comfortably for long hours. The mattress supports the growing bones of the baby and keeps them safe while sleeping. Hence, buying the right mattress for the crib is of utmost importance.
While buying a baby mattress a few specifications should be kept in mind such as thickness, firmness and material used. Lots of brands are available in India and one can easily buy them online.
Difference between a baby’s and a regular mattress
The regular mattress is based on the adult body type whereas the baby mattress is designed based on the sleep pattern of a baby. Babies need an undisturbed sleep, so the mattress is soft & comfortable. The mattresses can be made of several different kinds of material like foam, coir, or latex.
Choosing the right mattress
Now it becomes a daunting task for parents to select the best crib mattress from a large variety of mattresses made of a different material. The emphasis should be on the proper size so that it fits the crib snugly, it should be neither too soft nor too hard but firm to support the growing baby. Too soft a mattress carries a risk of suffocation for the baby whereas a hard mattress is not suitable for the development of the baby.
Babies should not be made to sleep on a mattress containing synthetic chemicals as exposure to certain chemicals can be harmful for their brain and physical development.
Basic features required are:
- Sufficient air circulation to keep the child cool while sleeping resistance to mould & dust mites
- Mattress with Natural origin with no chemicals
- Hypoallergenicity (Skin friendly healthy mattress)
We can compare mattress made of foam, coir and latex and find out which is the best out of the three keeping the above features in mind.
Foam mattress– Majority of the foam mattresses are made of either memory foam or PU foam and are not safe for a baby. Because foam has a closed-cell structure which does not provide sufficient air circulation to keep the baby cool. This disturbs a baby’s sleep pattern and thus hinders with their brain development. It might also contain toxic chemicals like naphthalene, formaldehyde and benzene which can be harmful for the baby. It can also lead to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Coir mattress– Coir is a natural and resilient material. Made from coco coir, it is a hard mattress which retains its shape. It is moisture-resistant and breathable. It keeps dust mites at bay. However, it isn’t very durable and has a moor issue of sagging. If it gets wet, then it becomes a major problem. This material isn’t too suitable for a crib mattress.
Latex mattress- is a great all-natural choice of mattress for your baby. It doesn’t have any added chemicals as is naturally mould and dust mite resistant. Latex is naturally springy, comfortable and resilient, so there is no need for metal springs. Innerspring mattresses can amplify electromagnetic radiation, which can pose a risk for your baby as the baby would be sleeping in a field of electromagnetic radiation. Latex contains no metal, so it poses no additional risks to the baby’s health. It is an exceptionally durable mattress which, provides proper support to the spine and joints of the growing baby.
This kind of mattress has sufficient air circulation as these mattresses have pinholes interspersed periodically due to which the child can have a cool and comfortable sleep.
The market has an array of different brands of latex mattresses in India. Out of the lot ‘Morning Owl Latex Crib Mattress’ should be your only choice for a baby mattress due to the wonderful features exhibited by this mattress.
Morning Owl understands that the needs of a growing baby’s/ child’s body are different from adults, therefore, they need special attention. Morning Owl crib mattresses are made with high quality, breathable and 100% natural latex to provide a safe and hygienic mattress for your baby- which supports them optimally.
Morning Owl crib mattress is all about comfort, care and coolness. It is a certified 100% Natural Latex Mattress and comes with waterproof cotton zipper fabric
What features make this mattress superior over others:
- Crib Mattress with the optimum firmness – Infants and children need a medium-firm surface to sleep on – neither too soft nor too hard. Morning Owl mattresses have been designed to provide your child with optimal support to support his growth and development.
- Waterproof and Hygienic – For children up till 3 years of age, having a waterproof cover is important for hygiene purposes. Their top cover protects the mattresses from spillage, keeping them hygienic for a longer duration
- Breathable and Durable – Morning Owl mattresses are made from breathable materials- that prevents manifestation of pests. Also, it comes with waterproof solutions to ensure enhanced hygiene.
- Resistance to mould and dust mites – Few mattresses are truly resistant to mould and dust mites. As the heat and humidity can easily encourage mould growth. When selecting a good crib mattress, mould resistance is an absolute must.
- Customization – The mattresses can be customized to any size to become a part of your child’s cradle, cot or bed.
So if you are seeking certified mattress for your baby’s uninterrupted sleep along with his healthy well being, it is time to change your mattress and switch to Morning Owl Crib Mattress to lull your baby into a safe and sound sleep.