Latex Foam Mattress: What is it ?
A lot of times, you must have come across the term latex foam mattress. Do you know what is it? Are you wondering if it is different from the very popular latex mattress? Are you confused which one should you buy between the two? Don’t worry. We have answers to all your questions. A latex foam mattress and a latex mattress are actually the same two terms that define a single type of mattress. Although it is generally known as a latex mattress, it is a foam mattress.
How is Latex Foam Made ?
Here is a quick glimpse of how latex foam is made:
- Latex is the white sap that is collected from the Rubber Tree (Hevea brasiliensis).
- After the collection, the sap is left for 24 hours before the procedure takes place.
- The sap is first sieved to remove the unwanted particles.
- Then, it is whipped in a large stainless steel tank to turn into a thick, frothy and foamy paste.
- That paste is known as the latex foam.
- Once the latex foam is ready, it is punched with thousands of pin core holes to make the material bouncier and more breathable.
- The foam is then transferred to mattress moulds either using the Dunlop Method or the Talalay method.
Advantages of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
When we add “natural” with a latex mattress, we mean “only” natural. We do not recommend sleeping on a synthetic or blended latex mattress. “Why?”, you ask. Because various chemicals and additives are used in making the latex foam of synthetic or blended latex mattress. These added chemicals can cause various allergies to you.
Here are some of the major benefits of sleep on latex mattresses:
- These mattresses are eco-friendly and natural.
- They are hypoallergenic and keep allergens away from you.
- These mattresses do not let bacteria, fungi or other microbes breed on the surface.
- With medium firmness, latex mattresses provide the required support to the back.
- The increased back support, in turn, reduces body pain.
- These mattresses also improve the posture and correct postural deformities.
- The pin core holes punched into the latex foam improves the air circulation in the mattress.
- They also make the mattress very bouncy and highly breathable.
- This allows you to sleep cool, even in very hot weathers.
- Latex mattresses also isolate motion transfer so that you don’t feel disturbed when you partner tosses and turns at night.
Latex Gives You a New Sleep Experience
With its endless benefits, a latex mattress gives you an exceptional sleep experience. No heat-trapping, no discomfort and no allergens – what else do you want? These mattresses are like a bonanza offer of dozens of benefits packed in one. If you want to buy Morning Owl 100% Natural Latex Mattress, you can buy it via no-cost EMIs and pay later.